Website Thomas Chevrolet / Subaru
4003 Business Route 220 North, Bedford, PA 15522
Thomas Automotive Family is a family owned and orientated business operating for over 100 years. We maintain the highest standard of ethics and are committed to customer and employee satisfaction.
To meet our growing needs, Thomas Chevrolet-Subaru Body Shop is adding a full time Body Shop Technician to the team.
The successful candidate will join a successful, energetic and motivated team devoted to customer care and service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain high ethical standards.
- Organize work and be able to prioritize daily duties.
- Examine damaged vehicles and estimate repair costs.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle body and fenders.
- Fill depressions with body filler, using putty knife.
- Remove damaged fenders, panels, and grills, using wrenches and cutting torch.
- Bolt or weld replacement parts in position, using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Straighten bent automobile frames, using a pneumatic frame straightening machine.
- File, grind and sand repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Refinish repaired surface, using paint spray gun and sander.
- Aim headlights, align wheels, and bleed hydraulic brake system.
- Repair or replace defective mechanical parts.
- Replace door skins, quarter panels and other welded outer body panels
- Paint surfaces after performing body repairs
- Repair plastic/composite panels and bumper covers
- Responsible for keeping their immediate work area clean and free of hazards, as well as ensuring the entire facility is orderly, clean and free of hazards.
Qualifications: Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles. Valid driver’s license. Ability to interpret vendor catalogs. Two years of experience as a vehicle body repairer or apprentice or job related training preferred.
Working Conditions: This is a physically demanding position. Will stand six to eight hours per shift. Will lift parts weighing up to 70 pounds. Will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes, paint, and other hazardous and nonhazardous materials.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological developments).
As part of our very competitive compensation package, we provide excellent employee benefits including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Coverage (Short and Long Term Disability)
- 401K Plan with a company match
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
Resumes accepted online only – no paper resumes will be accepted.
All applications are held in strict confidence.
Thomas Automotive Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer