Website Thomas Chevrolet / Subaru
4003 Business Route 220 North Bedford, PA 15522
Thomas Automotive Family is seeking a Certified General Motors Service Technician for their Bedford, Pennsylvania location.
Position Information: The Certified General Motors Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Advise service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that customers’ vehicles should not be used for personal errands.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
Qualifications: High school diploma or the equivalent. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. ASE certification preferred. General mechanical skills. Valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Manual dexterity. Good judgment.
Working Conditions: The Technician will stand six to eight hours per shift, lift parts weighing up to 50 pounds several times during each shift, and use hoist and test equipment as needed. S/he will stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, handle, and feel. S/he will use hand and power tools. S/he will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes, and other hazardous and nonhazardous materials. Road-testing of vehicles may be required. The Technician will be required to wear a dealership uniform at all times.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Thomas Automotive Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer