Website Thomas Holding Co.
4003 Business Route 220 North Bedford, PA 15522
Thomas Automotive Family is a family owned business offering great customer service for over 100 years. Thomas Holding Company in Bedford, PA is growing and looking for a Junior Staff Accountant.
Successful candidate must be energetic, self-motivated and operate at the highest level of integrity. They will be responsible for preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations. Assisting with monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the controller and staff accountants in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews the general ledger and scheduled accounts. Notes any unusual entries and investigates.
- Continually strives to improve data integrity and information reporting throughout the dealership.
- Submits Sales Tax
- Process monthly loan payments and reconciles balances.
- Writes misc checks for Human Resources
- Prepares budgets for advertising expenses, posts advertising expenses
- Fills in for other positions as needed or directed by management.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Maintains fixed assets and depreciation.
- Assists with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable as needed.
- Processes Semimonthly Payroll.
- Maintains a daily cash management system that forecasts cash funds.
- Updates daily cash plan and executive summary.
- Submits floorplan payoffs and setups.
- Maintains intercompany accounts.
- Transfers funds and maintains all bank accounts.
Qualifications: Accounting degree and/or five years of experience in an accounting position. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Working knowledge of dealership documents. Excellent communication skills. Professional personal appearance. Will be trained on dealership computer systems. Will train the right candidate.
Working Conditions: Will work at a desk in an office setting for most duties. Will spend several hours a day analyzing dealership records, posting accounts, and performing other types of submissions and reconciliations.
As part of our very competitive compensation package, we provide excellent employee benefits including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Coverage (Short and Long Term Disability)
- 401K Plan with a company match
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
Resumes accepted online only – no paper resumes will be accepted.
All applications are held in strict confidence.
Thomas Automotive Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer