Website Thomas Hyundai / Subaru
10325 Mount Savage Rd NW Cumberland, MD 21502
Thomas Automotive Family is a family owned and orientated business operating for over 100 years. We maintain the highest standard of ethics and are committed to customer and employee satisfaction.
To meet our growing needs, Thomas Hyundai/Subaru in Cumberland, MD is adding a full time Reconditioning Technician to the team.
The successful candidate will join a successful, energetic and motivated team devoted to customer care and service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain high ethical standards
- Wash vehicle exterior, using cleaning solution, water, cloths, and brushes.
- Apply wax to auto body, and wipe or buff service to protect surface and preserve shine, using cloth or buffing machine.
- Vacuum interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris.
- Clean upholstery, rugs, and other surfaces, using cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devices.
- Apply preservation agents to vinyl or leather surfaces and treat fabrics with spot and stain-resistant chemicals to preserve and protect interior components.
- Clean engine and engine compartment with steam-cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents to remove grease and grime.
- Apply special-purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, utilizing experience and judgment and following recommendations of the product’s manufacturer.
- Paint engine components and related parts, using spray gun or aerosol can and masking materials.
- Apply paint to chipped body surfaces of vehicles, using touch-up paint.
- Apply dyes and reconditioning chemicals to vinyl tops of vehicles to restore color and condition.
- Installation of accessories to support sales department
- Supports product manager in maintaining a neat, organized and clean display lot.
- Responsible for keeping their immediate work area clean, free of trash and hazards, as well as ensuring the entire facility is orderly, clean and free of hazards.
Qualifications: Knowledge of automotive repair and maintenance. Valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Manual dexterity. Good judgment. Ability to use hand and power tools and other machinery safely.
Working Conditions: This is a physically demanding position. Will stand six to eight hours per shift. Will lift parts weighing up to 70 pounds. S/he will bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, and feel. Will use hand and power tools. Will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, paint, cleaning solutions, and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
Thomas Automotive Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer