Website Thomas Chevrolet / Subaru
4003 Business Route 220 North Bedford, PA 15522
Thomas Automotive Family is a family owned and orientated business operating for over 100 years. We maintain the highest standard of ethics and are committed to customer and employee satisfaction.
Our company is expanding and people are the key to growth. To meet our growing needs, Thomas Chevrolet-Subaru Service Department is adding a full time Service Assistant/Warranty Clerk
The successful candidate will join an energetic and motivated team devoted to customer care and service.
They will be responsible for building a loyal clientele, maintaining good customer relationships, processing warranty claims and maintaining all service records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain high ethical standards
- Answer service calls and schedule appointments.
- Make reminder calls for state inspections, reminders and missed appointments.
- Make follow up calls to warranty customers regarding service satisfaction/surveys.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Prepare cash drawer and reconcile each day
- Ensure that customers’ service files are updated and are readily available for reference.
- Print service advisor and technician time reports from the day before
- Handle warranty repair orders and process for payment through factory.
- Process warranty claims on a timely basis.
- Resubmit rejected claims promptly or receive authorization to write them off.
- Follow up on payment of outstanding claims
- File and maintain all service records
- Keep informed of all factory recalls and bulletins
- Responsible for keeping their immediate work area clean, free of trash and hazards, as well as ensuring customer waiting areas and entire facility is orderly, clean and free of hazards.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. High school diploma or the equivalent. Excellent communication skills.
Working Conditions: The Service Assistant/Warranty Clark will work at a desk which is enclosed in the service department garage. S/he will be exposed to noise, vibration, paint, dust, exhaust fumes, and other hazardous and nonhazardous materials. S/he will move about the service area to work with the service advisors and technicians.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological developments).
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I also understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at-will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, and the dealership has a similar right.
As part of our very competitive compensation package, we provide excellent employee benefits including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Coverage (Short and Long Term Disability)
- 401K Plan with a company match
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
Resumes accepted online only – no paper resumes will be accepted.
All applications are held in strict confidence.
Thomas Automotive Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer